Hello, Roswell neighbors! Jessica Griffin here with your fresh copy of the Roswell Daily, filled with all the local information you need to know for the weekend. Let’s do this.
First, your weekend weather:
- Saturday: Partly sunny and humid. High: 90 Low: 72.
- Sunday: Partly sunny. High: 90 Low: 71.
Here are the top three stories today in Roswell:
- The Roswell Channel (the Mobile Visitor Center van) will be setting up at the From the Earth Brewing Company. The Channel will be hanging out at the Back Porch Concert Series at the brewery on Saturday, July 16. Stop by the Roswell Channel while your there. (visitorsroswellga.com)
- More than 125 Alpharetta residents voiced their concerns at the virtual City Council meeting on July 13 over the proposed hotel on the Alpharetta-Milton border. An 80-room boutique hotel will also have amenities, meeting and event spaces, as well as a restaurant and rooftop bar and pool. Most of the residents opposed this proposal and cited traffic and the scale of the building as some of the major concerns. The virtual meeting was cut short when it was interrupted by disruptive attendees. The city has promised to address any unanswered questions or concerns. (appenmedia.com)
- The Doobie Brothers’ 50th Anniversary Tour will come to Ameris Bank Amphitheater on Sunday July 17. The show starts at 7:30 p.m. (awesomealpharetta.com)
More from our sponsors — thanks for supporting local news!
- Inaugural Putters League Mid Summer Classic MINI GOLF TOURNAMENT (July 16)
- Salsa ATL’s Dinner & Latin Night @ Tony’s John’s Creek (July 16)
- Call for Local Artists! – “Hot Summer Nights” Art Show (July 17)
- Classical Music Series at Mimosa Hall: Andy Hudson, Clarinet (July 17)
- Free Course: Civilian Response to an Active Shooter by Roswell Police Dept (July 19)
- Intentional Parenting Summit: Presented by North Point Community Church (July 31)
Gigs & services:
Alrighty, you’re all caught up for today. I’ll catch up with you next week with another update!
— Jessica Griffin
About me: My name is Jessica Griffin and I am a native of Roswell, Georgia. I have been in the Roswell-Alpharetta community for over 30 years. As a native “Roswellian”, I embody, participate, and support all things local. Community is at the core of all of us, and I aim to convey the collectiveness and unity that should be promoted and celebrated throughout our community. Being a mother, a writer, a student of history, and the arts are my passions.
Have a news tip or suggestion for an upcoming Roswell Daily? Contact me at [email protected]